San Antonio, TX
San Antonio Eye Bank
Since 1965, the San Antonio Eye Bank has served the needs of the patients, surgeons, hospitals, and donor families throughout the greater San Antonio area.
While still a baby, it was discovered that Alejandro was quickly going blind from a congenital disease. At the age of 7, a donor’s gift transformed his life when a cornea transplant restored his vision.
SAEB recognizes a variety of national donation programs, and encourages volunteering among their donor families, recipients, and advocates at the events, including:
- National Eye Donor Month in March
- National Donate Life Month in April
- National Minority Awareness Day in August
- Vital Alliance Donate Life Run/Walk in October
- National Donor Sabbath in November
- Donate Life Rose Parade Float in December/January
SAEB provides grief support, counseling, and self-help groups to assist donor families in coping with their loss. Additionally, the San Antonio Eye Bank Donor Family Quilt aims to honor and remember the generosity of eye donors, as well as provide recipients with a way to express gratitude for receiving the gift of sight.
For more information, call 210-614-1209